Social Procurement for COVID-19 Recovery
COVID-19 is having a significant impact on our local economies
- Small businesses in BC represent 98% of all businesses and employ 57% of all private sector employees
- 90% of SMEs are currently being impacted
- The tourism industry has seen cancellations on 90% of bookings
- Unemployment rates are rising
- Social impacts are becoming increasingly evident.
Are the dollars you spend supporting your local economy?
Procurement is a solution that governments and institutional purchasers can mobilize to stabilize and recover local economies. Social procurement practices can help ensure the dollars you spend are aligned with your local community and economic needs during COVID-19 recovery.
British Columbia Social Procurement Initiative (BCSPI) provides the training, resources and support to help implement social procurement effectively as a key tool in your COVID-19 recovery toolbox.
Procurement, Resilient Economies and COVID-19
This special webinar, presented by David LePage of Buy Social Canada and Rory Kulmala of the Vancouver Island Construction Association, outlines how social procurement approaches can support local COVID-19-related adaptation and recovery efforts.